Thursday 29 September 2016

Why Is Being Patient So Painful Nowadays?


It is true.

For me, being patient is almost as painful as watching grass grow.

I have a lack of patience. In fact, our generation has a lack of patience. Living in a generation where we can solve many of our problems with a few taps on our phone has drained our generation of any patience that was originally there.

Thank you, technology for your ability to turn a generation of kids who had the patience to solve Rubix Cubes, the patience to think of 100 different type of Neopets names (90's kids, please tell me you know what I am on about? If not you were robbed of a significant part of your childhood) and the patience to watch movies when they actually came out on DVD.

This development of technology has made us believe that if we want or need something we can and should get it when we want. This is unrealistic and puts a stupid amount of pressure on...

Our Education..."Why have I not learnt everything I was told in lecture today? I am going to fail!"
Our Careers..."I should be further in my career by now, I am not going to make it like I thought I would"
Our Relationships..."You need to change now, otherwise we can't be together"

Dramatic, but realistic thoughts that have developed because we have been built to believe anything can happen at a snap-of-the fingers.

We need to be taught the art of patience and waiting and I don't mean waiting for something to be dropped into your hands but working hard and striving, knowing that your hard work will not instantly be paid off.

How painful does that sound? But it's life and something that we all need to accept!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BORED IMAGINATION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig