Friday 17 June 2016

3 Tips To Help Drink More Water


Now, If you are like me drinking 8 glasses of water a day doesn't sound as easy as 8 glasses of wine. BUT change is happening. Over the next couple of months, I am aiming to change my lifestyle and become healthier..zzzZZZ...Yeah, how many times have you heard someone say that?

Has anyone else been in that position where you have a drastic change of mind and think..'I need to change my ways, I need to eat healthy, I need avocados to make avocado on toast so at least social media thinks I am healthy', we have all been there!

That happened to me a month before I started university. I had it all panned out. Being a student, I would have no money for food and therefore loose weight, sounds simple doesn't it?. Well. Apparently theres always money for food, even when you're broke. Now I am back at home and ready to change my unhealthy ways, starting with water.

Drinking, water all day is understandably boring. So, I have 3 tips on how to make it a little more exciting (as exciting as it can get).


Now, before I give you the tips. They are not the general tips like: Drink a glass of water before every meal or use an app on your phone because one, who thinks of water when dinner is ready? and two, who uses those hydration apps for more than a week?! The tips below are things than can easily be adopted by diet.

Tip 1 - Add Flavour & Ice

Details: No instructions needed, just put the fruit in a glass with some ice and leave for 20mins to allows the flavours to infuse the water.

Lemon, Orange & Lime: Really refreshing and light, the cucumber takes the tanginess away but leaves the citrus flavours of the lemon and orange. YUMMY.

Blueberry, Raspberry & Lime: Honestly, I could only taste the lime and raspberry. Not my favourite as I would have rather eaten the raspberries!

Peach & Cherry: The peach flavour comes through really well and reminded me of a much healthy version of the Volvic Peach flavoured water. A drink I would much rather drink but not now I have my healthy head on.

Tip 2: The Swap 

The swap. I rarely drink fizzy drinks but I am a big lover of fruit juice. Orange, Apple, Cranberry, Raspberry and blueberry...all which  probably have a similar amount of sugar in as any fizzy drink. The one thing that keeps me drinking water is the noticeable difference between having a glass of orange juice and having a glass of water. I could drink a whole bottle of orange juice and still be thirsty and hungry, drinking one glass of water makes me feel hydrated and fuller. Water is a winner. 

Tip 3: Drink Herbal Tea With No Added Extras 

This is one of my main habits, Tea. Green, Earl, Peppermint. Warm water is so beneficial as it helps speed up your metabolism, helps lose weight, detoxifies your body and helps prevent acne. Plus all the individual benefits from each tea. 

Happy Friday! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BORED IMAGINATION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig